Monday, June 22, 2009

The Holy Tripod

There's a saying. In New York, even the non-Jewish are Jewish. Today in B&H, aka 'Dosiland' (ultra orthodox amusement park), I felt as non-Jewish as one can possibly feel ,among the nicest, sweetest religious people. Noticing my not so subtle Hebrew accent, I got treated like queen Ester. Then, the warm hospitality turned a little sour, when young Shlomo had to share another famous saying. "Any Jew, even the bum outside the subway, is more important than the most important goy... Yes, even from President Obama" he assured. Well, Shlomo, I am sorry to be the one that says that, but someone there lied to you. You are not more important than Obama, and maybe it's better this way. I know he meant well, and the last thing he wanted was to upset me by repeating a sentence that goes back hundreds of years, but it just doesn't work this way, and it really shouldn't. President Obama is more important then you and me, my good Jewish cameras and camera accessories expert.

Coming up next on the blog; "The Countdown; getting ready for Tel Aviv, summer 09"



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true and well written. One can easily be antagonized by such beliefs of superiority.
So did you buy a camera?

Anonymous said...

Bingo. You're such an open minded lady. No one is more important than anyone else. You rock :)

yael said...

i agree with Bibi. No one is more important than Barack (i love u) Obama