Saturday, June 6, 2009

Can't do this Hot-Cold Game

I am new to seasons. Just as I was new snow, blazes, flurries, spraying and the irritating 'wintermix'(for my dear readers across the ocean, these are all different kinds of precipitations).
Last week, first week of June, It's been raining, 15 degrees (62) and 'feels like' shit. Like a mid Tel Aviv December, i.e. the typical winter day for the average beach girl I used to be for 20 something years. And this girl bravely survived her fair six long months of winter. The winteriest winter ever. And now, the cold war is over. Or is it?

This whole four season thing is ridiculously overrated. Right, it sounds romantic and indeed extremely pretty here five weeks a year, but hey, wouldn't you prefer just warm and warmer climate?

Seasons’ changing isn’t good for anything or anyone but the allergies (and the pharmaceutical companies for that matter). But all these theories and conclusion on seasons and changes are not relevant in the post-Al Gore era. We got tropical thunder and Indian summer and who knows what more surprises the future weather has for us. This new “New York Snow white” shade I currently the owner of, (something between the “GRE pale” and the “Pino Grigio” yellowish white) is just another characteristic of the new me. I guess I better embrace it. Or hope the 20 days I will soon enjoy at home, will fill me with ample solar energy and help my friends and family recognize me after being away for full four seasons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're entirely right. These seasons aren't romantic. We have 4 but only 2 of them are nice. Summer and Winter are brutal and personally, spring's rain is annoying :)

Stick it out though! It'll get better :)

Besides, in the summer you can find hipsters sitting on the street with a typewriter to write you a poem!