Friday, June 12, 2009

China Town

It's been two weeks since my back ache incident, or as I prefer to call it: my ballet injury. I have fully recovered from a surprisingly sore experience with a stupid spasm. Now that the pain is gone, I can note that this occurrence– as unpleasant as it was – brought some wonderful new encounters along with it. Not only did I rediscover the wonders of western sedation (god bless America for the Valium they throw at you); but I got to go to China Town on a twice a week basis. I got to meet Dr. Alice.
While Alice stuck needles in my body, I would fall asleep to the soft vague tunes of 'Elton John's greatest hits' by a Chinese pianist and small little lamps warming my toes. After 35-55 minutes Alice comes in, takes her needles
out, while I am trying to get myself together. Before she sends me home, I take a little milk and honey candy from a heart shaped glass bowl. The tiny, round, innocent treat injects just enough energy, for me to get back out to Canal Street, to a sea of clocks and belts and many, many rushing people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my my, that sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Elton John by Chinese pianists...
I would love to hear "Tiny Dancer". Or is it "Chiny Dancer" ? ;)