Thursday, June 11, 2009

The first story on how this blog started.


I got into ‘Eat Pray Love’ because it was readable and about traveling in Italy. Of course I thought it would be classic if I only read the ‘Eat’ chapter (also because it’s the part about Italy. I don't care as much for India or Indonesia) but my uncompromising fight for language equality didn’t allow me to put it down. There were a few beautiful ideas and word tricks but mainly it helped me realize that I can write those kinds of thoughts too. I was already writing them, but not collecting or sharing them. Of course that was in Hebrew and when I thought I knew something about this thing called the Internet.
These days, though I focus on the short term goals, in my passive aggressive war on English, I am reading the papers. The New Yorker and I are going to be good friends. But until then, I read it folded in the common method of thirds, to help me blend in. The cover is always hiding anyways, so people can’t tell it is three weeks old.


2 comments:

liora said...

funny.. I've been doing the same with the New yorker... For now I'm in an average of about one story every two weeks.

I think it means a year's subscription should give me about 5-6 years of subway readings...:)
but I love it...

MK said...

Want a good book about finding yourself through blogging? Read "Julie and Julia"-- I'll lend it to you... Love your first post. I think a Mazal Tov is in order.