Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A man with a cat as a hat

6:10 out of work.

I walk down 5th ave and the flatiron.

Somewhere around J.Crew, there is a guy walking with a cat on his head. A tall man, must be in his 40's with a cat sitting calmly on his head. but then, just behind me, a younger catless guy walks up to the first asking the tall mad hatter for directions to the Madison square park.
When I don't feel that I'm leaving in a madhouse, I do feel like I'm in an endless fashion show, walking around these gorgeous girls and boys, in a forest of heels and legs, perfectly dressed and accessorized, but this was a whole different kind of cat-walk.

It was one of those moments where you expect the director to shout "cut" and walk out from around the corner. It's one of those magic moments, that seam to happen to me only here, in the capital of craziness, that I witness those beautiful absurd spectacles, as if they were created for no other reasons than to show you how sane you really are sometimes, or better yet - how it's totally okay not to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see that guy everyday when I get out at 14th and head uptown to 23rd. I try not to look because i'm too stubborn to give him the satsfaction of acknowledging just how cool it is that the feline sits confidently perched on his head; like a furry crown.

kudos to you on your new blog. i'm liking new york city through your eyes!

-B2

Unknown said...

you write beautifully!

luka